Definition and function of cookies
What are cookies? ‘Cookies’ are files which are downloaded to your computer when you access our website. Cookies allow us, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user.
What types of cookies does this website use?
- Own cookies: They are those that are sent to your computer, or terminal, from our own website.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to your computer or terminal from a domain or a web page that is not managed by us, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies
- Session cookies: They are the type of cookie designed to collect and store data while you access our website.
- Persistent cookies: They are the type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a certain period of time, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient possible way, of the advertising spaces that are on our website based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the ads are displayed or based on behavior of users obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
How to disable cookies?
All browsers allow changes to be made to disable cookie settings. These settings are located in the “options” or ”preferences” of your browser menu. Below , you can find the links of each browser to disable cookies by following the instructions:
- http://goo.gl/ksN5y (Internet Explorer).
- https://goo.gl/D2GYLn (Mozilla Firefox)
- https://goo.gl/WGGBpz (Google Chrome)
- https://goo.gl/mt1yEi (Safari)
If you do not want to be tracked by cookies, Google has developed a plug-in to install in your browser that you can access at the following link: http://goo.gl/up4ND